Thursday, March 24, 2011

How to buy the Beats by Dre ControlTalk cord only

I did it. I beat the Internet. In August of 2010, I scoured the Internet to buy this cord only. I didn't want the headphones. I just wanted the male-to-male cord that has the play/pause and the volume up/down control (aka ControlTalk) that comes with the Beats by Dre Solo and Solo HD headphones.

I'm on a search for the ControlTalk cord ONLY by Monster. Anyone know where I can buy this cord only?

After a hard target search, I reached out to Flickr, Twitter, Facebook and even the Nerdist forum. No one knew how to buy this thing.

Well I figured it out. If you want to buy the Monster Beats by Dre ControlTalk cord only, just ...
  1. Call Monster at 1 877 800-8989
  2. Press 2 for Customer Service
  3. Press 1 for Headphones
  4. Press 2 to be connected to Sales
  5. Tell the sales person that eventually picks up that you want a replacement ControlTalk cord
The cord costs about $35 plus shipping and ships from California. Apparently you can only order by phone at the moment - so much for the decade of the Internet, eh?

You're welcome.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

its 44 dollars now but because of tax in cali ! but it worked after 3 months of looking and searching myself

Anonymous said...

thank you guys.. i thought i was the only one looking for this. really helpful

Anonymous said...

Will this cable work on studios too? Thanks

LJ said...

I believe these will work with any headphones that have a normal headphone jack. I've used this cord on my skull candy headphones and it has worked great.

Nazareth said...

Trus, it will work with any headphone that has a removable cord. I found one on ebay for $26 and use it in both my Dre Pros & my Studios.

Anonymous said...

if your warranty is over, u can get a cheap replacement from
http://www.proaleo.com/electronics/cables.html
they do international shiping for free :)

Anonymous said...

You are a lifesaver. The headphones are fantastic but the control-talk cord has a short life span and I was going out of my mind searching the internet trying to find a replacement. You did it and now so can I....THANKS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!! I've been looking for this for so long, and never thought to call Monster directly. You're a live saver!

Anonymous said...

Found $12 on eBay 1st search... Skeptical at first, but when arrived, was exactly like the cable I replaced in all aspects.

Anonymous said...

Anyone tried buying from the 'http://www.proaleo.com/electronics/cables.html' which one of the person who recommended above ? Is there a direct number to call monster rather that the toll free number, as i reside outside of US.

Anonymous said...

Can I buy it from Italy?

LJ said...

Not sure on Italy. Probably worth at least trying to call the number. I've only bought from the US.