Tuesday, July 17, 2007

First Half Of 2007 - A Musical Review

After what I think was a pretty slow start, 2007 is suddenly pretty strong music-wise. Here's my top 5 albums for the first half of 2007 in alphabetical order. (And just like last time, these are albums that were added to my library in 2007, not necessarily albums released in 2007.)

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

This album is playable start to finish. It also features a song where the best lyric isn't even a lyric. It's just an extended "oh" type sound. Little treasure hunt for ya.

Feist - The Reminder

Chick singers. Who knew? I remember remarking to my buddy Paul only a couple months ago that I've never really even been into chick singers in general. Wrong! Along comes Feist with an unstoppable album. Way to go, Canada! Also worth noting - this is the same girl that does the vocals on "The Build Up" and "Know-How" by the Kings of Convenience. Also props to Chyla for the hook up.

K-OS - Atlantis - Hymns for Disco

This is how hip-hop should be done. Dude raps, plays a plethora of instruments and can harmonize. Great stuff from start to finish and his other 2 albums are great too. Oh yeah, guess what. Yep. Canada. And again props to Chyla for the hook up.

Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

I added this album to my library on February 16th, 2007. Total plays since then - 955. That's approximately 68 full rolls of the album. This album has four 5-star songs (I only have 73 total 5-star songs out of 13,000 tracks on my library). Is anybody listening to me!? Is the whole world taking crazy pills!? This album will own your soul.

Langhorne Slim - When The Sun's Gone Down

Props to Paul for the hook up here. Langhorne Slim is sorta like what would happen if Bizarro Caleb Followill fronted a blue grass band. As is the theme here, the whole album just plays. And good luck not enjoying 'Loretta Lee Jones'.

2 comments:

AndoUSC said...

Langhorne Slim over The Shins. Interesting.

I will submit that Spoon's new album will likely make your top 10 of 2007. And I'm guessing Broussard will make a run for it based on your initial reactions.

KINGS!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.